Rear Admiral Zaka Ur Rehman
Pakistan Maritime Security Agency (Tentative)
Conference Day Three: Global Upgrades and Acquisitions
Thursday, September 27th, 0018
- Assessing the OPV’s viability as a capability within the current threat context. How can the platform serve as an effective force multiplier for the fleet?
- Leveraging the situational awareness and C2 capabilities of the OPV to support more rapid detection and response
- What level of survivability does the OPV need to attain if it is to be deployed to a more complex operating environment?
- Better networking the OPV in the context of joint operations
- Deploying the new Hingol-class maritime patrol vessel to support a robust approach to the demands of search and rescue and EEZ operations
- Leveraging OPVs and MPVs as task-force command ships to coordinate an integrated response to regional security threats
- Exceeding baseline maritime security and policing. What are the OPV’s limits as a maritime security enforcer, and how should they be armed to contribute effectively to counter-piracy?