Become a Contributor
Defence IQ strives to support and strengthen the global defence community by using its events, digital platforms and content to generate thoughtful debate and objective analyses of the key issues shaping the air, land, sea, space, and cyber domains today.
We have over 130,000 members from military, government and industry with access across our digital platforms, and 10,000 delegates attending our conferences each year. By joining our network of contributors, you have unique access to this community via our events, website, newsletter, quarterly magazine and social media channels. These platforms can amplify your organisation’s message, build your profile as a thought leader in the defence community, and generate interest in an idea or product.
Benefits of contributing:
- Discounted access to our events
- Receive our quarterly Defence Industry Bulletin magazine
- Exposure via LinkedIn, Twitter, the website and weekly newsletter
- Connections with our members and other contributors
- Insights into traffic and readership performance
We cover topics related to the air, land, sea, space and cyber domains, and new defence technologies. Our digital content includes short news articles, whitepapers, longer opinion pieces and analyses, and market reports. Our strength lies in our breadth of both subject area and contributors; we welcome and encourage a diverse range of submissions from established and emerging professionals in defence industry, academia, and government and military.
Defence Industry Bulletin
The Defence Industry Bulletin is a specialist quarterly publication designed for professionals in military, government and defence industry. It provides market intelligence and industry news, as well as more extensive opinion pieces and analyses of contemporary defence doctrine, policy and technology. Our membership receives a free copy of the magazine each quarter.
Please get in touch with the Editor, Hannah Croft, at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss submission proposals and dates.
- Defence IQ has an open admissions policy.
- News pieces should be no longer than 500 words, longer analyses 800. White papers are normally 2500 words or more. Industry Bulletin contributions can range between 600-1500.
- There is no set requirement for tone; however, we are not looking for articles that directly promote the author's products or services. Please read through some of the published articles to get an idea of the types of pieces we publish.
- Try to avoid complex formatting in the article. Microsoft Word is preferred. Charts, graphs, and photos should be submitted as separate documents.
- When submitting an article, please include a brief bio and a high-resolution photo.
- Submissions must be the author's own, original work. If any material from other sources is included for reference (under standard fair use policy), full accreditations, citations and links must be provided. Please use Harvard referencing for longer papers.
- We do not accept submissions that have been previously published in other media.
- Please keep a copy of your article for your records.
- Defence IQ reserves the right to make editorial changes it deems necessary.
- Please be clear in your initial correspondence if you are seeking remuneration.
- If an article is published on Defence IQ, we will retain publication rights for the piece.
To discuss further or to submit an article, please contact Hannah Croft, Editor, at email@example.com.