Agenda Day 1
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
- Mapping out the morphing nature of global threats, the acceleration of technological development, and preparing the Warfighter for challenges of Tomorrow
- Human Capital: How can we exploit disruptive advances to nurture talents, enhance organisational effectiveness, and facilitate strategic leader development and decision-making?
- How can we incorporate virtual reality and sophisticated decision-making tools to transform strategic leader development?
- Training and Educating People: retaining and developing human capital through experimentation and demonstration of new ideas
17:00 CLOSING KEYNOTE: HOW TO TACKLE CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES? THE HUNGARIAN DEFENCE CAPABILITY TRANSFORMATION
· WHAT is the Hungarian Defence Capability Transformation?
a. What Defence Capability Transformation means for us and what is the goal?
b. What was the Zrínyi 2026 Program named after?
c. What is the Zrínyi 2026 Program
· WHY have we launched the Capability Transformation?
a. Challenges HDF face
o Rapidly changing Security environment
o NATO Summit decisions
o Legacy from the past
b. Opportunities HDF intends to exploit
o Human capacity enhancement
o Extended partnerships (think tanks, academia, industry)
o Impact of emerging and disrupting technologies
· HOW do we implement the program?
a. What kind of defence forces are generated from those challenges and opportunities?
b. Changing character of warfare
o How the forces will fight (joint, multi-domain, high readiness, Partners)?
o How the forces will be developed (Design – Develop – Deliver)
c. Firm and adaptable defence planning
d. Resource considerations
e. Structural changes
f. Capability development
g. Knowledge based approach
h. Responding future challenges - Innovation, Research and Development