Agenda Day 2
Wednesday, September 25th, 2019
The interactive discussion will offer attendees the opportunity to examine different procurement models and approaches to infusing innovation into force structure. It will challenge the traditional bureaucratic procedures and assess the role of experimentation and prototyping in speeding up the delivery of capability to the Warfighter. The round table will examine case studies and the feasibility of smaller R&D budgets to drive innovation and will address commercial technologies and their integration into the defence enterprise.
Agenda Day 3
Thursday, September 26th, 2019
13:30 WORKSHOP A: TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION WORKSHOP: JHUB'S MODEL FOR DELIVERING INNOVATION TO THE WARFIGHTER
Using the jHub model as a framework, delegates will be invited to explore their understanding of building and running effective innovation systems within established business. The session will then examine the learnings from the jHub’s first 2 years to identify ways that the model could be improved, scaled or replicated. This interactive workshop builds on the jHub session from day 2 to give delegates a better understanding of Joint Force Command’s transformation imperative.
jHub is the Innovation centre for UK Joint Forces Command, seeking innovation and technology to enhance and improve the operation of the UK armed forces. The jHub team aims to find world class technology and talent and get them into the hands of the Joint Force Command user. jHub also works closely with international defence organisations, the UK government, trade organisations, academia and other bodies which seek to encourage innovation in the UK. jHub looks to repurpose high Technical Readiness Level (TRL) technology from areas not traditionally with a defence focus, to provide software, hardware or to solve a process or people issue.
jHub works with the 7 organisations within JFC to identify problems, such as capability gaps or areas for improvement. Industry is then invited to submit their solutions in the form of a proposal. Utilising a traditional funnel design, jHub then works to a 4 stage process: Rapid evaluation, Opportunity assessment, Pilot, presentation to the JFC Innovation Board
- Attend the Workshop to:
- Learn how your solution can be tailored for the defence enterprise by directly engaging with the JFC’s department for innovation, development of partnership, and agile acquisition
- Identify current R&D priorities, emerging requirements to formulate winning business proposals to the UK MoD
- Enhance your understanding of JFC’s innovation model, ways to pilot, and field technology to the hands of the user
- Transform ISR and advance hard and soft power for hybrid warfare by leveraging innovation and learning how to accelerate procurement from non-traditional defence suppliers
- Receive exclusive feedback from JFC on if you are able to compete successfully for UK MoD contracts