Conference Day 1, 26th June 2019
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
In his talk, Mr. Bechtel will be discussing the issues of BigData and its relationship to Artificial Intelligence(AI) in Defense and Intelligence operations. He intends to touch on the following points:
The issues around the efficacy of AI in defense are all related to data.
- Data and new data sources have proliferated beyond human ability to monitor and/or contextualize each discrete piece of information.
- Artificial Intelligence, including Machine Learning and Deep Learning, offer the best promise for dealing with the flood of data and reporting.
- Once we pursue AI, we must have data systems that assemble and care for the reporting in a way that does not hinder and in fact enables our AI algorithms
- Legacy database systems cannot respond to our data requirements for AI going forward.
- Our new systems must be able to collect, ingest, govern, secure, and make accessible the whole volume of data.
- The qualities of that new system can be delineated as flexible, scalable, and clean.