DIB BRIEFING ROOM: AUSTRIAN AIR CHIEF LAMBASTS EQUIPMENT GAPS
Brigadier General Karl Gruber, Chief of the Air Staff of the Austrian Armed Forces, lambasts the decision to restrict Austria’s defence budget despite an urgent need to modernise. Read the full article in the Defence Industry Bulletin. Subscribe Now!
DIB BRIEFING ROOM: JANKEL CHAIRMAN REVEALS SECRETS TO SUCCESS
Andrew Jankel, chairman of armoured vehicle specialist Jankel, talks to DIB about how the firm is surviving in the current climate and what he thinks the future holds. Read the full article in the Defence Industry Bulletin. Subscribe Now!
Top 10 biggest defence companies in the world
Who are the largest defence contractors? Where are they based? What are the key sectors they focus on? We have compiled a list of the top 10 biggest defence companies in the world based on the most recently available financial and corporate data.
Author: Defence IQ
This guide is designed to give you an overview of the F-35 variants, some of the new technologies the JSF is adopting and which countries and companies are participating in the programme.... Full Sector Report »
MRAP: Explaining the Enduring Requirement Watch Now »
The Challenge of Syria's WMDs Watch Now »
Launching UAVs into Civil Airspace – an Indian Model Watch Now »
Dynamics Driving the Arab Spring in Tunisia and Egypt Watch Now »
Armour Up: A Coalition Perspective on Personal Protective Gear Watch Now »
- New UK defence secretary "welcomes" Japan's self defence reform 7/22/2014
- Indian Navy takes delivery of indigenous OPV, two more expected by end of year 7/22/2014
- BAE Systems unveils step-change in night vision HMD technology 7/22/2014
- The SA80 A2 is "perfect" for the Army, but not Royal Marines 7/22/2014
- Does the UK need to bolster its maritime patrol and surveillance capabilities? 7/21/2014
- MH17 "blown out of the sky" over contested Ukrainian airspace, international investigation underway 7/18/2014
Shinzo Abe’s Cabinet announced recently that it approved the constitutional reinterpretation to allow Japan a “limited” right to collective self defence. The decision was taken to overturn a 67-year ban on allowing the Japanese Self-Defence Force to assist close allies should they come under attack following heightened tensions in the region. Full Article »
In this exclusive interview, Lt Gen Bertrand Clément-Bollée, commander of the French Army, outlines the future direction of his armoured vehicle fleet. He also emphasises the importance of ensuring that any technical advancements be delivered only if there is tactical advantage while also underscoring the fact that any force structure must remain adaptable to meet all possible demands. Full Video »
ICS Cyber Security will be hosting a two-day live hacking exercise specifically to enhance participants' knowledge of protecting industrial control systems within a real-time, realistic environment. This not-to-be-missed experience will be hosted by Matt Luallen, president and co-founder of CYBATI. In this 20 minute podcast interview, Matt introduces himself, along with the benefits of attending the exercise. He also explores his own hands-on perspective on the ICS domain as a whole and what the industry needs to know today for better protection tomorrow. Full Podcast »
The most commonly operated towed or hand-held indirect fire mortar calibres are 60mm, 81mm and 120mm, but others, such as 82mm and 107mm are also in use. There are over 100,000 towed/hand-held and self-propelled (SP) mortars in use worldwide. Of these, around 5,000 are SP systems. Asia-Pacific countries hold 34% of the world’s towed/hand-held mortars, while Europe has 17% and Russia & the CIS countries operate 16% (Russia 14% on its own). Europe dominates in SP mortars, with 67% of the world total. Full Sector Report »
- China Cyber Charges: Take Beijing to the WTO...
- Advanced laser technology creates 3D...
- UK Armed Forces Engineering Students Secure...
- Hagel wants cyber investment to protect...
- ICS Cyber Security Live Hacking Exercise: Meet...
- The SA80 A2 is "perfect" for the Army,...
- USMC small arms requirements a big ask for...
- Future of Sri Lankan Defense Industry: Market...
- France announces AIF assault rifle tender...
- Slovakia hints at new small arms tender...
- MH17 "blown out of the sky" over...
- Who is Michael Fallon?...
- Defence Reports from Progressive Media Group -...
- 100 defence and security people you should...
- The world’s top 10 arms exporters...
The Cybersecurity for Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals Summit
August 11-14, 2014,
Double Tree by Hilton - Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Public Safety and Internal Security Asia 2014
August 12-14, 2014,
Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Offshore Patrol Vessels Africa 2014
August 26-28, 2014,
Sheraton Abuja Hotel, Abuja , Nigeria
About Defence IQ
Defence IQ, a division of IQPC, is a defence learning portal and international online community dedicated to providing military personnel and the defence community throughout the world with a military forum and information regarding current military, defence and global security issues. Defence IQ offers defence news through defence articles, defence blogs, defence videos, defence podcasts, defence conferences and defence industry related military events.