Leonie Industries' new CEO fields questions about the future of Information Operations
Last month Leonie Industries, a U.S. government services provider specialising in communications and cultural advisory work, announced the appointment of Charles “Chuck” Thomas as president and chief executive officer. Ahead of the Information Operations
Poland has set aside $43 billion for its defence budget over the next ten years, marking the largest boost in military spending in its history. The new budget will see a record-breaking 7% increase in spending year-on-year with the 2013 budget now standing at $9.5 billion.... Full Article »
MRAP: Explaining the Enduring Requirement Watch Now »
The Challenge of Syria's WMDs Watch Now »
Launching UAVs into Civil Airspace – an Indian Model Watch Now »
Dynamics Driving the Arab Spring in Tunisia and Egypt Watch Now »
Armour Up: A Coalition Perspective on Personal Protective Gear Watch Now »
- The 5 Minute Debrief: Lost in translation 5/22/2013
- Poland confirms largest defence spending hike ever, $43 billion in the war chest 5/21/2013
- Narrative Led Operations 5/17/2013
- High Speed Vessels: The Future of Naval Logistics 5/17/2013
- F-35 Weekly Update: 17th May 2013 5/17/2013
- Offshore Patrol Vessels Digest 5/17/2013
In this week's Debrief we get lost in translation, look at some of the world's increasing (yes, increasing) defence budgets and the F-35's first vertical take-off. Full Article »
Jason Steer, Product Manager for FireEye’s European business, explores the Advanced Persistent Threat – the number one concern of information security specialists today. Fortunately, FireEye has front line experience in combating this type of unauthorized and deeply damaging attack. Full Video »
What can history teach us about the implementation of Air Power strategy today? To what extent can, does or should public perception influence military approaches to Air Power doctrine? These questions and more are answered by 2013 Fighter Nordic speaker LtCol Harald Høiback ahead of this year’s event. Full Podcast »
With three-quarters of the planet covered by water; the most dynamically developing region, Asia Pacific (APAC), both in terms of economy and military strength, spread across the Pacific Ocean; and the intense situation in the region over the North Korean nuclear program and intensive armaments efforts of China, military planners need to be prepared for the potential worst-case scenario. Undoubtedly, due to geographical conditions of the region, any military operation in APAC will have to contain a substantial naval logistic component. Full Sector Report »
- Australia Defence Department seeking to leverage...
- What is Russia's role in cyberspace?...
- Defence Industry Seeking IT Solutions to Match...
- Interview: Jason Steer, Product Manager for...
- Interview: Panos Dimitriou, Director of Services...
- U.S. DHS moves forward with $1.1 billion border...
- Indian artillery finally taking the big step...
- Managing airspace in the CAGE...
- The Global Armored Vehicles and Counter IED...
- Boston: A Civilian Response...
- The 5 Minute Debrief: Lost in translation...
- The 5 Minute Debrief: Russia says there's...
- Australian Defence Secretary to visit US...
- The 5 Minute Debrief: Uncle Samsung...
- 200 armed Boko Haram soldiers arrived on buses,...
Homeland Security Summit Middle East
May 27-29, 2013,
Le Royal Méridien, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
May 29-30, 2013,
Radisson Blu Falconer Hotel , Copenhagen, Denmark
Special Operations Summit Middle East
June 3-5, 2013,
Armed Forces Officers Club & Hotel, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
About Defence IQ
Defence IQ, a division of IQPC, is a defence learning portal and international online community dedicated to providing military personnel and the defence community throughout the world with a military forum and information regarding current military, defence and global security issues. Defence IQ offers defence news through defence articles, defence blogs, defence videos, defence podcasts, defence conferences and defence industry related military events.