DIB BRIEFING ROOM: AUSTRIAN AIR CHIEF LAMBASTS EQUIPMENT GAPS
Brigadier General Karl Gruber, Chief of the Air Staff of the Austrian Armed Forces, lambasts the decision to restrict Austria’s defence budget despite an urgent need to modernise. Read the full article in the Defence Industry Bulletin. Subscribe Now!
DIB BRIEFING ROOM: JANKEL CHAIRMAN REVEALS SECRETS TO SUCCESS
Andrew Jankel, chairman of armoured vehicle specialist Jankel, talks to DIB about how the firm is surviving in the current climate and what he thinks the future holds. Read the full article in the Defence Industry Bulletin. Subscribe Now!
Top 10 biggest defence companies in the world
Who are the largest defence contractors? Where are they based? What are the key sectors they focus on? We have compiled a list of the top 10 biggest defence companies in the world based on the most recently available financial and corporate data.
Author: Defence IQ
Why does the Asian market put less emphasis on the protection component of armoured vehicles and give more credence to a wider range of attributes than other regions do?... Full Article »
MRAP: Explaining the Enduring Requirement Watch Now »
The Challenge of Syria's WMDs Watch Now »
Launching UAVs into Civil Airspace – an Indian Model Watch Now »
Dynamics Driving the Arab Spring in Tunisia and Egypt Watch Now »
Armour Up: A Coalition Perspective on Personal Protective Gear Watch Now »
- The UK's 5 priorities for the NATO Summit Wales 2014 9/2/2014
- Indigenous Indian OPV commissioned this week for anti-piracy operations 9/2/2014
- Obama, Cameron call for greater European defence spending ahead of NATO summit 9/1/2014
- Sweden to go ahead with Gripen acquisition after Swiss No vote 9/1/2014
- ROK Navy completes exercise with USS Blue Ridge 9/1/2014
- How the IED threat differs regionally around the world 8/31/2014
Six months after Russia illegally violated the sovereignty and territorial integrity of her neighbour Ukraine, we must agree on long-term measures to strengthen our ability to respond quickly to any threat, to reassure those allies who fear for their own country’s security and to deter any Russian aggression. Full Article »
In this exclusive interview, Lt Gen Bertrand Clément-Bollée, commander of the French Army, outlines the future direction of his armoured vehicle fleet. He also emphasises the importance of ensuring that any technical advancements be delivered only if there is tactical advantage while also underscoring the fact that any force structure must remain adaptable to meet all possible demands. Full Video »
ICS Cyber Security will be hosting a two-day live hacking exercise specifically to enhance participants' knowledge of protecting industrial control systems within a real-time, realistic environment. This not-to-be-missed experience will be hosted by Matt Luallen, president and co-founder of CYBATI. In this 20 minute podcast interview, Matt introduces himself, along with the benefits of attending the exercise. He also explores his own hands-on perspective on the ICS domain as a whole and what the industry needs to know today for better protection tomorrow. Full Podcast »
The European armoured vehicles market is estimated to lead the world in terms of demand in the next 10 years and the region will account for approximately a third of the global requirement. Full Sector Report »
- China Cyber Charges: Take Beijing to the WTO...
- Advanced laser technology creates 3D...
- UK Armed Forces Engineering Students Secure...
- Hagel wants cyber investment to protect...
- ICS Cyber Security Live Hacking Exercise: Meet...
- Breakthrough Developments in Small Arms...
- Mortar systems: Challenges in a new battlespace...
- USMC small arms requirements a big ask for...
- Future of Sri Lankan Defense Industry: Market...
- France announces AIF assault rifle tender...
- The UK's 5 priorities for the NATO Summit...
- Obama, Cameron call for greater European defence...
- Red Cross: Saving the lives of the life-savers...
- Giving MEDEVAC units room to breathe...
- MH17 "blown out of the sky" over...
About Defence IQ
Defence IQ, a division of IQPC, is a defence learning portal and international online community dedicated to providing military personnel and the defence community throughout the world with a military forum and information regarding current military, defence and global security issues. Defence IQ offers defence news through defence articles, defence blogs, defence videos, defence podcasts, defence conferences and defence industry related military events.