DIB BRIEFING ROOM: AUSTRIAN AIR CHIEF LAMBASTS EQUIPMENT GAPS
Brigadier General Karl Gruber, Chief of the Air Staff of the Austrian Armed Forces, lambasts the decision to restrict Austria’s defence budget despite an urgent need to modernise. Read the full article in the Defence Industry Bulletin. Subscribe Now!
DIB BRIEFING ROOM: JANKEL CHAIRMAN REVEALS SECRETS TO SUCCESS
Andrew Jankel, chairman of armoured vehicle specialist Jankel, talks to DIB about how the firm is surviving in the current climate and what he thinks the future holds. Read the full article in the Defence Industry Bulletin. Subscribe Now!
Top 10 biggest defence companies in the world
Who are the largest defence contractors? Where are they based? What are the key sectors they focus on? We have compiled a list of the top 10 biggest defence companies in the world based on the most recently available financial and corporate data.
Author: Defence IQ
Why does the Asian market put less emphasis on the protection component of armoured vehicles and give more credence to a wider range of attributes than other regions do?... Full Article »
MRAP: Explaining the Enduring Requirement Watch Now »
The Challenge of Syria's WMDs Watch Now »
Launching UAVs into Civil Airspace – an Indian Model Watch Now »
Dynamics Driving the Arab Spring in Tunisia and Egypt Watch Now »
Armour Up: A Coalition Perspective on Personal Protective Gear Watch Now »
- BAE Systems and Patria team for Australia's Land 400 combat vehicle programme 9/22/2014
- Singapore’s formidable frigates can foray far from home 9/22/2014
- Logistics enables US naval power in the Middle East 9/22/2014
- F-35 News Round Up: 18th September 2014 9/18/2014
- Is the Airbus 400M the future of strategic and tactical airlift? 9/18/2014
- Interview: Lt Col Jeffers, Commanding Officer of the 13th Air Support Operations Squadron 9/17/2014
BAE Systems and Patria have announced a partnership for Australia’s Land 400 – Land Combat Vehicle System (LCVS) – programme. The team plan to use Patria’s 8x8 Armoured Modular Vehicle (AMV) with BAE as the prime contractor. Full Article »
In this exclusive interview, Lt Gen Bertrand Clément-Bollée, commander of the French Army, outlines the future direction of his armoured vehicle fleet. He also emphasises the importance of ensuring that any technical advancements be delivered only if there is tactical advantage while also underscoring the fact that any force structure must remain adaptable to meet all possible demands. Full Video »
With this year's event being held in Dublin, Rear Admiral Mark Mellett of the Irish Defence Forces (and the conference chairman), explains to Defence IQ the reasoning behind the introduction of the new Samuel Beckett-class OPVs in this new podcast. He also discusses the construction of the vessel with an eye towards climate change, cost-efficiency in a complex maritime environment, meeting emerging threats, and reveals his key to working effectively with industry partners and shipyards. Full Podcast »
The Sea Mine continues to be a perennial threat to modern navies, from relatively crude moored and drifting contact mines to increasingly sophisticated influence mines. It is estimated that more than 60 countries, possess over a million naval mines. Since the end of World War II, naval mines have severely damaged or sunk nearly four times as many U.S. Navy ships (15) as all other means of attack combined (4). Full Sector Report »
- China Cyber Charges: Take Beijing to the WTO...
- Advanced laser technology creates 3D...
- UK Armed Forces Engineering Students Secure...
- Hagel wants cyber investment to protect...
- ICS Cyber Security Live Hacking Exercise: Meet...
- Breakthrough Developments in Small Arms...
- Mortar systems: Challenges in a new battlespace...
- USMC small arms requirements a big ask for...
- Future of Sri Lankan Defense Industry: Market...
- France announces AIF assault rifle tender...
- US personnel recovery training efforts...
- Unlocking India for the defence industry...
- Defence logistics is "much more than...
- Recovering personnel in Mexico: What commercial...
- The UK's 5 priorities for the NATO Summit...
Infantry Weapons & Support Systems 2014
September 22-24, 2014,
Grand Connaught Rooms, London, United Kingdom
Forward Air Control
September 23-25, 2014,
Radisson Blu Edwardian Vanderbilt , London, United Kingdom
Armoured Vehicles Eastern Europe
September 30-1, 2014,
Sheraton Warsaw Hotel, Warsaw, Poland
About Defence IQ
Defence IQ, a division of IQPC, is a defence learning portal and international online community dedicated to providing military personnel and the defence community throughout the world with a military forum and information regarding current military, defence and global security issues. Defence IQ offers defence news through defence articles, defence blogs, defence videos, defence podcasts, defence conferences and defence industry related military events.