With the Smartphone becoming a standard technology for businesses and governments, the theft of sensitive data is a greater risk than ever. Richard de Silva explores UK cyber security investment trends and the new measures being taken to protect Her Majesty’s secrets…... Full Article »
MRAP: Explaining the Enduring Requirement Watch Now »
The Challenge of Syria's WMDs Watch Now »
Launching UAVs into Civil Airspace – an Indian Model Watch Now »
Dynamics Driving the Arab Spring in Tunisia and Egypt Watch Now »
Armour Up: A Coalition Perspective on Personal Protective Gear Watch Now »
- West African piracy to double next year? 12/4/2013
- Lamborghini unveils new hypercar...on board an aircraft carrier 12/4/2013
- Interactive map: Global armoured vehicle future plans 12/3/2013
- Turkey's basic trainer aircraft getting off the ground 12/3/2013
- 5 reasons why the defence industry should embrace supply chain mapping 12/3/2013
- Infographic: Global Armoured Vehicle Survey Data 11/29/2013
With piracy off the West African coast set to double next year, James Fisher, chief executive of Paramount Naval Systems, said, “Criminal organisations now see coastal assets in west Africa as soft targets. The result is that the waters of the Gulf of Guinea are now the most dangerous in Africa for merchant shipping.” Full Article »
In this exclusive interview, Lt Gen Bertrand Clément-Bollée, commander of the French Army, outlines the future direction of his armoured vehicle fleet. He also emphasises the importance of ensuring that any technical advancements be delivered only if there is tactical advantage while also underscoring the fact that any force structure must remain adaptable to meet all possible demands. Full Video »
Lt Gen (Rtd) Bernardis, former Chief of Staff of the Italian Air Force, earned widespread praise for his command of the air strike operation over Libya during OUP. As the Chairman of the Joint Deep Stike 2013 conference, he talks to Defence IQ ahead of the event to discuss the use of Storm Shadow Missiles and the opportunities for nations to build on the campaign's success for future deep strike capabilities. Full Podcast »
The data in this infographic is based on a survey of senior executives and professionals within the armoured vehicle domain, including respondents from the commercial sector as well as from the military and government organisations. Full Sector Report »
- Stuxnet hits the International Space Station,...
- Cyber attacks double in 12 months. Why...
- Army research boffins head to the lab as the...
- Assessing the UK's cyber security resilience...
- Happy National Cyber Security Awareness Month!...
- US Pressures Nigeria on Boko Haram...
- Indian firm announces JV with Israel's...
- Video: Watch the explosive power (and precision)...
- Want to be a real-life Iron Man? U.S. Army...
- The precision guided mortar 'revelation'...
- 5 reasons why the defence industry should...
- The Iranian Scales of Justice: The 5 Minute...
- Op ed: Let the locals lead in Syria...
- Ask not what your country can do for you...: The...
- Remembrance Day...
About Defence IQ
Defence IQ, a division of IQPC, is a defence learning portal and international online community dedicated to providing military personnel and the defence community throughout the world with a military forum and information regarding current military, defence and global security issues. Defence IQ offers defence news through defence articles, defence blogs, defence videos, defence podcasts, defence conferences and defence industry related military events.