The Threat to Mobility
Hosted by Defence iQ and Pearson Engineering
Outcomes targeted by the discussion group were:
• What do you anticipate will be the role of the medium and heavy armoured vehicles in urban warfare, how are they best utilized, what are the limitations?
• The greatest challenges for mobility in the urban environment and what will be needed to overcome them?
• The role of remote control, semi-autonomous and autonomous systems in supporting mobility and counter-mobility in the future conflict environment?
• IED threat in future conflict, the route clearance lessons learnt from conflicts in Iraq & Afghanistan and the utility of those lessons for future, major conflicts?
With thanks to our Panelists:
• Lt Gen (Ret.) Ben Hodges, Former Commanding General, US Army Europe
• Lt Gen (Ret.) Carsten Jacobsen, Former Deputy Commanding General, German Army
• Col Tom Hough, Commander of the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, US Army
• Col (Ret.) Richard Beatson, Business Development Director, Pearson Engineering
• Lt Col Jim Howard, Commanding Officer, Royal Tank Regiment, British Army