Conference Day One
8:00 am - 8:50 am REGISTRATION AND COFFEE
8:50 am - 9:00 am CHAIRMAN'S OPENING REMARKS
9:10 am - 9:50 am HOST NATION KEYNOTE ADDRESS: DELIVERING A JOINT UK MEDICAL CAPABILITY FOR THE FUTURE
9:50 am - 10:30 am TRANSFORMING THE AIR FORCE MEDICAL SERVICE FOR THE CONFLICT OF TOMORROW
10:30 am - 11:00 am PANEL DISCUSSION: DEFINING FUTURE THREATS AND CHALLENGES FOR DEPLOYED CARE
· What will be the defining characteristics of future combat operations? How will these impact clinical deliveries?
· How equipped are combat medics to meet a changing requirement for deployed care, including mass-casualty scenarios?
· How can you deliver innovation across the Operational Patient Care Pathway to support consistently improved outcomes?
Lieutenant General Dororthy Hogg, Surgeon General, US Air Force
Air Vice Marshal Alastair Reid, Surgeon General, Defence Medical Services, UK Ministry of Defence
Brigadier General Edouard Halbert, Assistant Surgeon General, Operations, French Military Health Service
11:00 am - 11:30 am COFFEE AND NETWORKING
11:30 am - 12:10 pm AMBITION 2030 OF THE FRENCH MEDICAL SUPPORT
Brigadier General Edouard HalbertAssistant Surgeon General, Operations
French Military Health Service
12:10 pm - 12:50 pm RE-FOCUSING - CONSEQUENCES OF TURNING BACK FROM INTERNATIONAL CRISIS MANAGEMENT TOWARDS MAJOR JOINT OPERATIONS
12:50 pm - 2:00 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
2:00 pm - 2:40 pm SUPPORTING THE COMBAT MEDIC WITH AUGMENTED REALITY
2:40 pm - 3:20 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: EXTENDING THE ROLE FOR MEDICAL PERSONNEL IN DEPLOYED OPERATIONS
· Are established clinical timelines still valid in the context of contemporary operations? What can innovation do to support deployed forces in meeting clinical timelines?
· How can we improve the level of capability that can be deployed far forward?
· What opportunities are there for using less highly trained personnel to perform pre-hospital care in a deployed environment?
· In which new clinical areas should we expect combat medics ansssd nurses to be able to operate?
Invited Panellists include:
Colonel Duncan Wilson, Deputy Head, Research & Clinical Innovation, Defence Medical Services, UK Ministry of Defence
Colonel Tom Woolley, Defence Professor of Anaesthetics and Intensive Care, Defence Medical Services, UK Ministry of Defence
3:10 pm - 3:40 pm AFTERNOON TEA AND NETWORKING
3:40 pm - 4:20 pm BLOOD FAR FORWARD: TAKING TRANSFUSION FORWARD
Colonel Tom WoolleyDefence Professor of Anaesthetics and Intensive Care
Defence Medical Services, UK Ministry of Defence