Mr Oscar Bladh
Deputy Engineer Gripen E
Focus Day: Data Fusion & Light Attack
Tuesday, November 13th, 2018
- Fusing and sharing data in the contested operating environment
- Increasing the overall situational awareness of the combat air platform
- Safeguarding against information warfare. Sustaining information dominance by countering the threat from cyber and EW
- Where will information dominance feature within the future capability balance?
- If information superiority is to be a core component of the future high-end fight, how can effect still be delivered when access to information is compromised? How do we effectively mitigate against the threat of IW and cyber attack?
- Is fusion the real challenge? How can the ISR capabilities of advanced combat air systems be exploited and disseminated in the context of the complex environment?
- To what extent is sensor and data fusion possible on existing platforms? What are the limitations?
- Are we adequately preparing for F-35 service-entry? How do we leverage the capabilities of existing platforms to field an effective mixed air combat force?