Air Vice Marshal M Abul Bashar
Assistant Chief of Air Staff (Administration)
Bangladesh Air Force
Focus Day: Data Fusion & Light Attack
Tuesday, November 13th, 2018
- Supporting autonomy for the combat aircraft within the uncontested environment. Carrying out ISR and ground strike without extensive support
- What does the mission plan look like for counter-insurgency, counter-terror and air policing, and how should that mission plan be reflected in the blueprint for the light attack aircraft?
- Balancing lethality with affordability to justify the development of specific capabilities versus multi-role fighters
- How do air force chiefs protect budget for high-end capability and successfully make the case for a light attack capability? Can such a light attack force be justified through savings alone?
Conference Day Two
Thursday, November 15th, 2018
11:30 AM COMMANDERS’ STRATEGY DEBATE
This panel is an established feature of the IFC, and provides senior air force leaders with the opportunity to assess the changing nature of combat air operations, and to identify priorities for strategic development, acquisition and training.
- What does the information age mean for airpower? Has the rise of information as a critical enabler been satisfactorily integrated within airpower concept, doctrine and capability?
- What is the biggest challenge for airpower in the immediate timeframe?
- What does the future manned/unmanned balance look like? Will UCAVs define the post-2030 battlespace?
- Which technologies will have realistically reached sufficient maturity so as to be incorporated into a future combat air platform?
- What is the one thing we can all agree on and implement that will have a significant impact on acquisition reform?