Conference Day One
Wednesday, April 10th, 2019
- Where does a medical response, military and non-military, fit within a broader humanitarian response to disaster and other complex emergencies?
- Creating a platform which can facilitate the sharing of information to support security risk management, the health cluster and the overall humanitarian response
- Facilitating on-the-ground NGO/military coordination in the absence of a UN support infrastructure
4:30 PM Q&A: THE FUTURE OF MILITARY/NON-MILITARY COLLABORATION IN DELIVERING A MEDICAL RESPONSE TO COMPLEX HUMANITARIAN EMERGENCIES
- Overcoming foundational barriers to coordination between humanitarian actors in delivering care to deployed populations
- Is the emergency medical community, military and non-military, equipped to respond to a dynamic global security context?
- Collaboratively meeting future challenges to global health. Countering infectious disease and CBRN