Lieutenant Colonel Rob Olthoff
Incoming Head, Netherlands Ground Based Air and Missile Defence Knowledge Centre
Royal Netherlands Army
Conference Day One
Wednesday, April 29th, 2020
· Adapting and repurposing existing C-UAS capabilities to improve rapid response to threats
· The importance of improving ISR to predict UAS flight patterns and demonstrate superior awareness
· Integrating sophisticated sensor systems to increase the effectiveness of detecting and classifying small UAS
· Update on current approaches in the Netherlands and plans to develop capabilities to meet future threats
Conference Day Two
Thursday, April 30th, 2020
The development of UAS capabilities and the growth of its potential in terms of size, utility and ability to be dealt with poses a plethora of challenges and demands an approach which can be comprehensive and able to adapt to the threats it faces. It demands an approach which is flexible to the changing nature of UAS but structured enough for long term goals to be realised and effective Counter UAS to be nurtured.
· What exactly should we be preparing for?
· What is our concept of the future threat and how will it challenge us?
· Up to what level should this be a priority and how will it change the way our forces operate as a whole?