THE ONLY DEDICATED FORUM FOR THE NAVAL SUPPORT AND LOGISTICS COMMUNITY
Bringing together members of the naval and joint forces logistics community, at a time when NATO's leading fleets are working to retain - or attain - blue water naval capability. As changes to the overall threat context demand readiness for extended, high-tempo maritime operations, this conference provides an opportunity to, first, determine what the support ship should look like as a platform, if it is it adequately support the future surface fleet
View the agenda by submitting your email to the right >>
What's new in 2020?
- Hear briefings from senior UK military and civilian personnel on the current FSS programme, and its progress.
- A greater focus on specific case studies, giving you in-depth insight into national programmes and requirements
- An increased number of panels featuring industry and military personnel, which will address key themes in an open and collegiate format - including: through-life support; leasing of support vessels from third parties; mitigating a lack of host-nation support on long-range operations
- Insight into new digital technolgoeis which are revolutionising ship maintenance and approaches to through-life support
- Briefings from friendly non-NATO services, who bring with them their unique operational and strategic challenges - and solutions
Keynote Speakers Include:
- Right Honourable Ben Wallace MP, Secretary of State for Defence, HM Government
- Vice Admiral Alexandru Mirsu, Commander, Romanian Navy
- Vice Admiral Piyal de Silva, Commander, Sri Lankan Navy
- Mr. Paul Hammond, Chief of Staff, NATO Support and Procurement Agency
- Commodore Duncan Lamb, ACOS Afloat Support & Commodore, Royal Fleet Auxiliary
The United States Department of Defense has awarded Austal USA, as the prime contractor, a $21,070,175 order against a previously awarded Basic Ordering Agreement (BOA) to accomplish the Post Shakedown Availability (PSA) execution for the Littoral Combat Ship USS Manchester (LCS 14).
The CMRE's role in increasing skills and investment in ocean science to protect NATO's strategic maritime priorities
Navies across the world are shifting their strategic thinking onto oceanographic and hydrographic vessels, ocean systems, submarines and maritime unmanned vehicles as they could enable them to achieve maritime dominance over adversaries. NATO's Centre for Maritime Research and Experimentation is in the lead when it comes to research and experimentation of new technologies in ocean science to address security and defence issues within NATO nations. Dr Catherine Warner, Director of the Centre, gave Defence IQ her expert insight on the role of the CMRE in supporting NATO's maritime strategic interests and strengthening cross-sector relationships and the potential of new technologies in this operational environment.
Communication and data sharing are a vital element of successful combined operations and C2 structures across all allied systems must be interoperable and compatible in order to achieve true interoperability.
Defence IQ had the opportunity to discuss with Commander Andreas Uhl from the Department of Planning in the Group Future Development of the German Navy, on the need for better interoperability between allies during multinational operations and what needs to be done to make 'interoperability-by-design' a reality.
The value of the market for Naval Support Ships is forecast at $10 Billion over the next 10 years. A number of navies are undertaking acquisition programmes intended to recapitalise their afloat replenishment and maritime logistics capabilities.
This report will explore selected programmes and requirements, followed by a holdings report detailing the world’s naval support vessels, in service, on order and planned.
With insights from over 100 individuals within the maritime sector this report demonstrates how the support ship market needs to adapt in order to exploit a digitised military supply chain, and what the complexity and speed of global maritime operations will mean for the way that growing naval support and logistics are delivered.