Check out the incredible speaker line-up to see who will be joining Lieutenant General (Retd.) Klaus-Peter.
Download The Latest Agenda
Conference Day One
Wednesday, November 14th, 2018
The NATO campaign in Kosovo, based on the gradual application of military force, received considerable criticism from military strategists and others despite the fact that it ultimately did compel Milosevic’s withdrawal at no cost in NATO lives and led to a period of widespread belief that wars can be won with air power alone. What were the shortcomings of the campaign and which, if any, of the lessons learned have been applied?
- What were the principal lessons learned from the Kosovo campaign? Are they of any value to future air campaign against a hybrid threat?
- What lessons did our adversaries learn from this conflict and how have they manifested themselves?
- How has the chain of command within NATO evolved to enable rapid and decisive effects on the ground?
- How has the military-political interface been streamlined to avoid the constraints that hampered the Kosovo campaign and to avoid the ceding of time and initiative to a future aggressor?
- To what extent has the capability gap between the US Air Force and its European allies been addressed so as to be able to field a balanced and capable application of air power in a future conflict?
Conference Day Two
Thursday, November 15th, 2018
Conference Focus Sessions
Thursday, November 14th, 2019
· Umanned and autonomous technologies are transforming the battlespace. What are the challenges of introducing UCAVs and loyal wingmen into the air domain? What are some of the ethical constraints?
· What are the current limitations of AI? How can we ensure AI certification to accelerate decision-making and retain the competitive edge against competitors?
· What are some of the challenges of integrating information? How can we benefit from big data analytics and cloud architecture to store and discern actionable intelligence in real-time?
How realistic is it to speak of hypersonics? What is are the near and mid-term game-changing technologies that will enable air superiority?