Major General Gary M. Brito
Commanding General, Maneuver Center of Excellence
Main Conference Day One (21 Jan)
Tuesday, January 21st, 2020
· The operational environment and changes in the character of war
· Brigade Combat Team (BCT) in the close fight and understanding the MDO battlefield at the BCT level
· Compete, penetrate, disintegrate, exploit and re-compete
· What are the likely obstacles for aligning the next generation of combat vehicle technology, with emerging doctrine, such as multi-domain operations and systems fusion?
· What are the key considerations for mitigating the cyber vulnerabilities of fighting vehicles in a digitised battlespace?
· Outlining the considerations for automation & AI, deception, novel barriers and persistent surveillance for armoured manoeuvre warfare in the future battlespace
· Acquisition and the Military-Industrial Relationship: how must military acquisition culture and processes adapt to be more effective in the 21st century? What can enable closer collaboration between military and industry, particularly with non-traditional defence entities?