Major General Charles Beaudouin
Deputy Chief of Staff, Plans & Programs
French Ministry of Defence
Main Conference Day One (21 Jan)
Tuesday, January 21st, 2020
· What are the likely obstacles for aligning the next generation of combat vehicle technology, with emerging doctrine, such as multi-domain operations and systems fusion?
· What are the key considerations for mitigating the cyber vulnerabilities of fighting vehicles in a digitised battlespace?
· Outlining the considerations for automation & AI, deception, novel barriers and persistent surveillance for armoured manoeuvre warfare in the future battlespace
· Acquisition and the Military-Industrial Relationship: how must military acquisition culture and processes adapt to be more effective in the 21st century? What can enable closer collaboration between military and industry, particularly with non-traditional defence entities?
Main Conference Day Two (22 Jan)
Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020
· Overview of the $6.7 billion Army’s Scorpion modernisation programme
· Planned delivery of 780 Griffon multirole troop carriers and 248 units of the light multirole Jaguar combat vehicle by 2020
· Upgrade of the Leclerc tank with a new battle management system, crew training with on-board 3D simulation, and maintenance
· The architecture of the SCORPION armoured reconnaissance and combat vehicle JAGUAR
· Lessons learned from recent operations and their impact on modernisation programme