Lieutenant General Shoichi Shibata
Director General Armoured Vehicles, ATLA
Japan Ministry of Defence
Main Conference Day One (21 Jan)
Tuesday, January 21st, 2020
· What are the likely obstacles for aligning the next generation of combat vehicle technology, with emerging doctrine, such as multi-domain operations and systems fusion?
· What are the key considerations for mitigating the cyber vulnerabilities of fighting vehicles in a digitised battlespace?
· Outlining the considerations for automation & AI, deception, novel barriers and persistent surveillance for armoured manoeuvre warfare in the future battlespace
· Acquisition and the Military-Industrial Relationship: how must military acquisition culture and processes adapt to be more effective in the 21st century? What can enable closer collaboration between military and industry, particularly with non-traditional defence entities?
Main Conference Day Two (22 Jan)
Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020
· Acquisition, Technology & Logistics Agency (ATLA) & history of armoured vehicle development in Japan
· Overview of Type 10 Main Battle Tank (MBT) & Type 16 Mobile Combat Vehicle (MCV)
· Trends of engines in Japan & future amphibious technology