Agenda Day 1
9:00 am - 9:15 am REGISTRATION AND COFFEE
9:30 am - 9:45 am CHAIRMAN'S OPENING REMARKS
9:45 am - 10:00 am OUTLINING THE UK’S REGIONAL STRATEGIC OUTLOOK IN ASIA
· Outlining the UK’s commitment to supporting regional air defence capabilities across the Pacific
· Building and managing support for regional partners and industry
· Understanding the wider strategic picture of the region – identifying threats and capability gaps across Asia
· Developing the threat picture over the next 5 years in Asia to inform requirement
Colonel Jamie MurrayBritish Defence Staff Asia Pacific
10:00 am - 10:40 am THE “INNER TIER” - REGAINING RELEVANCE
· The Patriot and Below Concept
· Tasks of the Inner Tier
· Future Challenge – Counter Precision Guided Munitions
· Four Shooters on the Grid
· CHEETAH – developing a novel SAM system
Colonel (ret.) Fabian OchsnerCEO
Rheinmetall Air Defence AG
10:40 am - 11:10 am MORNING COFFEE AND NETWORKING
11:10 am - 11:50 am KEYNOTE ADDRESS: BRIEFING ON INDIAS AIR DEFENCE CAPABILITY
· Outlining existing air defence capability of the Indian Army
· Managing aerial threat through surveillance and kinetic systems
· Building a future air defence force against aerial threats
· Outlining future planned procurements for Indian Army Air Defence
Lieutenant General A P SinghDirector General Army Air Defence
11:50 am - 12:30 pm Session Reserved For Lockheed Martin
12:30 pm - 1:10 pm MANAGING THE AERIAL THREAT: BANGLADESH ARMED FORCES
· Understanding the threat range operating within Bangladesh’s airspace
· Threat vectors, key players and deployed weapon systems
· How does the Bangladesh Armed Forces currently counter the threat?
· Assessing the tactical restrictions of current air defence capabilities
· Expanding national air defence capabilities to project capability to a strategic level
Air Vice Marshal Mafidur RahmanAir Officer Commanding
Bangladesh Armed Forces
1:10 pm - 2:10 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
2:10 pm - 2:50 pm THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA'S AIRCRAFT AND TACTICAL MISSILE DEFENSE OPERATION CONCEPT AND FUTURE DEVELOPMENT PLAN
· An update on how command priorities have changed for the RoK Air Defence Command
· Linking C-UAV capability and BMD into a central command and control system
· Understanding how this system is employed to ensure maximum operating efficiency
· Demonstrating the future development plan and role of the ADMC
Colonel Jong Chul ParkAir Defence Missile Command
Republic of Korea
2:50 pm - 3:30 pm FULL SPECTRUM AIR DEFENCE: THE AUSTRALIAN PERSPECTIVE
· Outlining the ‘Joint Force by Design’ concept adopted across Australia’s air defence commands
· Owning the speed of initiative to out-pace, out-manoeuvre and out-think conventional and unconventional threats
· Winning-without-fighting: Managing access, deterrence and influence in competition, and linking alongside international partnerships to maintain a persistent presence
· An overview of Integrated Air Missile Defence investments across the joint-force
Lieutenant Colonel Mark MankowskiCommanding Officer of 16 Air Land Regiment
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm AFTERNOON TEA AND NETWORKING
4:00 pm - 4:40 pm US CAPABILITY AND COMMITMENT IN THE SOUTH-PACIFIC
4:40 pm - 5:20 pm AIR DEFENCE COMMANDER’S PANEL DISCUSSION
This panel discussion will welcome participating air defence commanders to share their thoughts and debate the key issues of the day. The audience will also be provided with the opportunity to present questions of their own and to contribute to the discussion.
· How can air defence commands ensure continued capability against increasingly sophisticated next-generation platforms?
· With such a diverse threat landscape, what steps should be taken to ensure accurate prioritisation of these threats across the region?
· How can Multi National partnerships be effectively utilised to offset cost and the individual nations need for 360 degree coverage?
· What further major procurements will be required to meet the evolving air defence spectrum? Can readily available COTS systems be relied upon for sustained capability against future threats?
The invited panelists will consist of all the Air Defence commanders speaking on day one of the conference, inviting strategic overview and insight from senior commanders operating across the Asia region.