Agenda Day 1
Tuesday, October 22nd, 2019
10:00 INDUSTRY LEADERS PANEL DISCUSSION: IMMEDIATE PRIORITIES WITHIN DIRECTED ENERGY SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
During these formative years of directed energy systems development, the question of weapons integration is the principal ambition of militaries around the globe.This panel discussion will showcase members of directed energy programs to discuss their immediate priorities within the development of operational directed energy systems.
Format: A discussion among industry professionals followed by a live question round from the audience.
Objectives: To help the audience to gain an insight into the current status of directed energy systems development across a range of companies and provide a unique opportunity for attendees to have their questions answered by industry professionals.
· What are the major trends in the industry?
· What is the projected timeline for operational DES among NATO countries?
· What are the main technological challenges that need to be overcome?
· What will be the key challenges faced by end-users in using DES?
Thursday, October 24th, 2019
Research and experimentation into the integration of directed energy systems onto existing land, sea and air platforms is of principle importance in the effort to create fully operational DES.
Led by dedicated DES platform integration specialists, this workshop will explore the current and future issues relating to DES platform integration.
By attending this workshop you will learn about:
· The complexity of creating an effect at a target using lasers
· How modelling and simulation can help to determine key design drivers for integrated systems
· Some of the key integration issues and explore how these may be addressed
There will also be the opportunity to discuss with Platform Integration Specialists areas such as SWaP-C, the differences in integration between different military domains, and other pressing issues.