Expanding the scope of air-to-air refueling in Europe: The MRTT Partnership
In this exclusive interview, Colonel Markus Bestgen, Deputy Commander, Multinational MRTT Unit shares exclusive insight into how the MRTT Partnership looks to expand the scope of air-to-air refueling in Europe, a theme he will elaborate on as a key speaker of this year's conference.
Download the interview on the right >>
Key benefits of downloading the interview:
- Gain insider’s insight into the MRTT Partnership’s goals
- Understand the current biggest air-to-air refueling challenges for European and NATO members
- Get a preview of the brief Colonel Bestgen will give at this year’s Military Airlift Conference
Download the interview to gain Colonel Bestgen’s answers to the following questions:
- The MRTT partnership created in 2016 by the Netherlands and Luxembourg is formed of five European nations. Could you explain the thought process behind the creation of this partnership and its ultimate goal?
- What are the short, mid and long-term plans for these nations to achieve their goals?
- What are the current biggest challenges for European and NATO nations in terms of air-to-air refueling capabilities during operations?
- Eight Airbus A330 MRTT are expected to be delivered between 2020 and 2022. What impact do you expect these aircraft to have on European air-to-air refueling?
Colonel Bestgen will speak on expanding the scope of air-to-air refueling in Europe in more details at this year’s Military Airlift, where he will be joined by a panel of senior speakers. To view the full agenda, please click here.
Get an exclusive preview of the interview below:
Colonel Bestgen: Operating in a fast changing, extremely challenging and complex environment all over the world, the biggest task for all the nations is to stay up-to-date in terms of processes and technologies. Our state-of- the-art aircraft is combined with highly trained personnel to ensure the success of all our missions. These will encompass the fields of air transport, air-to-air refueling and…
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.