Developing global standardization and certification of aerospace and space AM parts: Insights from ASTM International
In this exclusive interview, Mohsen Seifi, Director, Global AM Programmes, ASTM International and key speaker at this year’s Additive Manufacturing for Aerospace and Space conference, discusses how ASTM International is helping the aerospace and space industry to overcome a key challenge: the certification of AM parts across the global, interconnected supply chain.
Download the interview now >>
Benefits of reading the interview:
- Understand how organizations such as ASTM International can help you overcome your certification and standardization challenges
- Ensure that your own manufacturing process remains competitive and able to deliver repeatable and high quality components by achieving standardization of AM parts
In this interview, Mr Seifi answers the following questions:
- What is ASTM International and could you give us some insight into your role as Director of Global AM Programmes?
- Could you give us some background as to how ASTM International supports the aerospace/space industry?
- Why is it important that the certification of parts is standardized across the aerospace/space supply chain?
- What role does ASTM International play in defining quality standards for AM parts? Why is it important to have those set across companies globally?
- How can safety testing maximise the commercial viability of AM parts in the aerospace/space industry?
- What benefits are there for integrating quality screening early for AM parts certification? At what stage of the production process should this begin?
Read an exclusive preview of the interview below:
Having various parts in the supply chain certified by different certification bodies leads to uncertainty about whether the parts have been certified to the same quality level. If one trusted and recognized source can provide certification across all parts, product development is
Mr Seifi will speak at this year’s Additive Manufacturing for Aerospace and Space on standardizing the evaluation process of additive manufacturing applications within aerospace. You can download the full agenda conference here.
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.