Intern - Research, Editorial, Marketing
Defence IQ / IQPC
Unpaid / Travel Expenses & Subsistence
Defence IQ, a division of IQPC, is an authoritative news source for high quality and exclusive commentary and analysis on global defence and military-related topics. Since being established in 2009, Defence IQ's online community and military forum has rapidly grown to over 100,000 defence professionals.
Defence IQ is looking for an intern to work alongside its editorial and marketing teams. You will need excellent research and communication skills, to be able to compile accurate information from internal and open sources, and write strong copy, as well as being able to fulfil other ad hoc duties.
Reporting to the Editor, the role offers the opportunity to grasp experience working across strong content marketing campaigns and contributing to our globally-recognised online publication.
You will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Educated to degree level (or currently in higher education) in journalism, communications, or related disciplines, or in military studies
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Extremely organised, quick to learn, flexible and able to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent people skills, ability to report and interview those involved in Defence
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word, and social media
- Confident speaker with good telephone manner
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
The internship will last for a period of 2 months, with a review at the end of this period.
Closing Date: 5 August 2016
Interviews to be held July–August.
Start date: August (we may appoint before the closing date).
Please apply by sending a Cover Letter and your CV to Richard de Silva by email: Richard.email@example.com using ‘Internship’ as the subject heading.
IQPC is an equal opportunities employer. This job is UK based and you must be eligible to work in the UK.