The Smarter Border Management conference will return at a pivotal moment for the future security of global borders between 18-19 November 2019. With annual international passenger numbers set to double by 2034 and freight volume doubling by 2030, it is vital that border agencies around the world implement new technologies and abilities to counteract transnational crime. This is a must-attend for the border management and security community.
Download the agenda now >>
Speakers addressing this critical issue include
- Veikko Ikonen, Coordinator, Bodega Project
- Medea Meier, Chief of Staff, Swiss Border Guard
- Bart Vrancken, Head of the service eID, Belgium
- Captain van Doormaal, Head of API Targeting Centre, Royal Netherlands Marechausse
- Jiri Celikovsky, Head of Schengen Cooperation, Czech Republic Ministry of Interior
- Christian Piaget, Acting Head, Cargo Border Management and Claims, IATA
The challenges facing today’s border agencies and international organisations are acute and becoming ever more demanding. Although the Smarter Borders conference was held in march, given evolving technologies and changeable market structure it has become apparent that there is a compelling requirement from policymakers, end users and industry to host the conference again this year. In part this has been facilitated in view of the increasing flow of extremists to-and-from the Middle East, and the dramatic immigration scenes on the Mediterranean and at the Channel Tunnel in Calais this summer.