· Ascertaining the desirable degree of size and complexity for meeting requirements
· Endurance as a priority: are OPVs getting pushed further away from the shore and so do they require higher levels of endurance?
· The Spanish Navy BAM OPVs and the added dimension it adds to the fleet
Surface platforms are the essential vehicle by which a nation can achieve its goals at sea and, therefore, represent the physical embodiment of wider naval strategy. The obvious consequence for shipbuilding is to maintain a symbiotic relationship with developments in naval strategy in order to produce long term solutions to gaps in capability. Concepts of future operations and doctrine will all influence the role and design of OPVs in the coming years and will form the basis for this panel discussion let by experts from both the end user and vendor perspective.
This panel discussion will cover:
· What will be the key changes to naval strategy in the next 10 years that will have the greatest impact to OPV shipbuilding?
· In what ways can the efficiency of the design process be improved by both end users and industry?
· How will concepts of the future maritime operating environment manifest in patrol vessel designs by 2030?