· MBC as a multi-agency task focusing on an intelligence-led, risk-based approach to maritime security
· Blending surveillance and identification systems with surface and air assets
· How this is affecting requirement generation in order to meet future threats
· Degraded and congested future operating environments: will these technologies be resilient enough?
· Reducing the digital signature of vessels for deception and safety
· Discussing how much digital technologies will dominate engagements in future operating environments
· Addressing the importance of national resilience in the post-COVID era
· The UK Integrated Defence Review: evaluating the future roadmap of OPV development
· Assessing multi-mission modularity and versatility
· Outlining the role of OPVs in the future surface fleet
· Assessing the role of AI in accelerating decision-making
· Outlining the roadmap for development: reducing the cognitive load on the Warfighter
· Integrating disruptive technologies to retain the competitive edge in complex operating environment
As the Digital Age ushers in a wave of new technologies that can provide great strides forward in overall capability, it also brings a degree of pressure to adopt the right technologies and do so as rapidly as possible so as to remain competitive. Disruptive Technologies have the potential to transform the nature of operations but require a change in culture in some cases in order to integrate them most effectively. This panel discussion will discuss how the world of multi-role vessels will approach these opportunities and challenges..
Panellists will discuss:
· What role will unmanned platforms play in providing real-time data to enhance ISR capabilities and overall situational awareness?
· How can we more effectively secure data and ensure that networks are resilient enough in a time where information security is rapidly growing in importance?
· Maritime operations will require an ever increasing ability to collect and act on sensor data to build the tactical picture for operations; how can navies enhance threat detection and accelerate decision-making?