Vice Admiral Ketil Olsen
Norwegian Military Representative
Conference Day One: Turning to Meet the Future Operating Environment
Tuesday, September 25th, 0018
- Placing NATO’s maritime security framework in a global context
- Characterising the future threat in the maritime domain. Assessing NATO’s readiness for high-intensity operations at sea
- Situating the OPV within the future surface fleet. How might the C4ISR capabilities of the OPV be leveraged to support deployed operations, and what that mean for the platform’s role?
10:15 AM CLOSING Q&A: WHERE DOES THE OPV SIT WITHIN A GLOBAL APPROACH TO MARITIME SECURITY ENFORCEMENT?
- How should the future threat context be characterised for the maritime domain? Does the threat of high-intensity operations necessitate a fresh approach to maritime security strategy and capability development?
- Does the sheer volume of maritime security missions challenge the concept of a multi-mission OPV?
- How can regional information sharing initiatives be improved to support multi-national approaches to maritime security enforcement?