Commander Steve Lynch
Conference Day One: Turning to Meet the Future Operating Environment
Tuesday, September 25th, 0018
10:15 AM CLOSING Q&A: WHERE DOES THE OPV SIT WITHIN A GLOBAL APPROACH TO MARITIME SECURITY ENFORCEMENT?
- How should the future threat context be characterised for the maritime domain? Does the threat of high-intensity operations necessitate a fresh approach to maritime security strategy and capability development?
- Does the sheer volume of maritime security missions challenge the concept of a multi-mission OPV?
- How can regional information sharing initiatives be improved to support multi-national approaches to maritime security enforcement?
- Outlining the role that Operation Sophia plays as part of the wider EU efforts to enhance maritime security off the coast of Libya
- How does EUNAVFOR MED address the challenge of illegal migration in the Mediterranean and disrupt the Migrant Smuggling and Human Trafficking business model?
- The importance of the comprehensive approach and international coordination to support effective deterrence and prevention