Rear Admiral Nils Wang is one of Denmark’s leading analysts on issues related to geo-politics, Arctic security and the relationship between Denmark and Greenland. Before he became Managing Director, Naval Team Denmark he was Commandant of the Danish Defence College and he was Head of the Royal Danish Navy from 2005 to 2010. Rear Admiral Nils Wang´s more than ten years of active sea duty in the Danish Navy includes 5 years in Arctic Waters around Greenland. In 2011 he was invited by the Minister of Foreign Affairs as special advisor on Arctic Security during the finalization of the “Kingdom of Denmark - Strategy for the Arctic 2011-2020”. In 2015 Rear Admiral Nils Wang was appointed to be part of the Taksøe-Jensen Advisory Group, assisting the development of a new set of priorities for Denmark´s future foreign and defence policies. Nils Wang is frequently commenting Arctic matters on national and international media and he is an often used expert/guest speaker on conferences and venues dealing with geo-politics. In December 2016 Rear Admiral Nils Wang was invited to lecture Senior Executives on Arctic Security at the Harvard Kennedy School, Executive Programme and he is attached as lecturer to the Senior Policy Course at The NATO School in Oberammergau. He retired in april 2018 after serving more than 40 years. Nils Wang is member of the board of directors at Odense Maritime Technology (OMT) and Saab Nordic Defence Industry.
· Naval Team Denmark as a Navy-Industry development- and marketing platform
· Started with the development of the STANFLEX-300 modular platform
· This “role-changing” flexible concept holds some of the characteristics, required for future OPV
· A reasonable Unit Cost and sufficient quality can only go hand in and if you build in series – 5 and above
· Ambition should be to create an OPV platform versatile enough to cover tasks, ranging from Coast Guard oil-spill response to Naval War Fighting