Captain Mark Davanzo
Incoming Chief, Office of Cutter Forces
U.S. Coast Guard HQ
Conference Day One: Turning to Meet the Future Operating Environment
Tuesday, September 25th, 0018
10:15 AM CLOSING Q&A: WHERE DOES THE OPV SIT WITHIN A GLOBAL APPROACH TO MARITIME SECURITY ENFORCEMENT?
- How should the future threat context be characterised for the maritime domain? Does the threat of high-intensity operations necessitate a fresh approach to maritime security strategy and capability development?
- Does the sheer volume of maritime security missions challenge the concept of a multi-mission OPV?
- How can regional information sharing initiatives be improved to support multi-national approaches to maritime security enforcement?
- Supporting high endurance for the cutters on operation
- Using the cutters as a command and control platform to support helicopter operations
- Sustaining legacy vessels to best effect in readiness for long-range missions
- Deploying USCG assets to support regional maritime security and to gap fill ashore communications in the immediate aftermath of disaster