Captain Chin Fong
Jamaica Defence Force
Conference Day Two: Sustainability By Design
Wednesday, September 26th, 0018
- Integrating an updated surface fleet to enhance maritime security in the Caribbean
- Avoiding delayed detection and response in JDF’s AOR
- Delivering a support model which can support the decisive contribution of the OPV to regional security enforcement
4:30 PM CLOSING Q&A: A BLUEPRINT FOR THE FUTURE – DESIGNING AND BUILDING THE NEXT GENERATION OF OPVS
- Is the current OPV blueprint fit for purpose in the context of an evolving maritime security environment? Should the capabilities of the next generation of OPVs be adapted to ensure they can better enable the future fighting force?
- Addressing the question of modularity. Is a truly multi-mission platform conceivable, or must versatility always create a compromise on capability for the OPV operator?
- What are the limits of the OPV in terms of capability and survivability? When is an OPV too capable to be described as an OPV?
- Limiting vessel down-time and supporting continuous operation by enhancing the approach to maintenance. Moving beyond planned maintenance and towards a point-of-need approach to patrol vessel MRO