Survey report: Main challenges and planned investments in the military airlift space
Did you know the biggest challenge that the airlift community faces is interoperability? Defence IQ surveyed a wide range of experts, to highlight the main challenges in the airlift space, which technologies present the most potential and which ones are going to be the focus point of investment in the coming years. These themes will be addressed at this year’s Military Airlift, where top speakers from the military community, multinational organisations and NGOs will focus on improving equipment, capability, strategy and tactics.
Download the survey results on the right >>
Key benefits of downloading the results:
- Gain insight into the technologies that are seen as the most promising in the airlift space in the coming years
- Learn more about the challenges your peers are facing in the airlift space, which will be addressed at this year’s Military Airlift conference
- Gain knowledge into investment trends of your peers
Key findings of the survey include:
- Only 6% of respondents are extremely satisfied with the operational effectiveness of current airlift capabilities
- Equipment is seen as the most important capability to invest in, above personnel development and procedures
- The pace of progress of technological advancements is more satisfactory in tactical airlift than in strategic airlift
- Modular components and interoperability will see the most investment in the next 5-10 years
- In terms of procuring assets, multi-country interoperable aircraft is the first priority for the airlift community
To learn more about Military Airlift 2019, chaired by Major General (Rtd) Dimitrios Petridis, you can download the agenda here. If you would like a copy to be sent to your inbox, please click here instead.
Why you should attend Military Airlift:
Improve your access to air-to-air refueling capability by adopting new and innovative A3R technology
Defeat Anti-Access/Area Denial (A2AD) challenges by transforming your tactical training approach
Utilise part-pooling and asset exchange mechanisms to protect your fleet investments and sustain your capability
Deliver cost efficiency for your service by diversifying your capability development strategy across airchartering, fleet management, acquisition and multinational solutions
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.