CCATT: Pre-Conference Workshop
Friday, November 23rd, 2018
What is the USAF CCATT/TCCET?
Critical Care Air Transport Team (CCATT)
• Critical Care Physician
• Critical Care Nurse
• Respiratory Therapist
• Augment Aeromedical Evacuation
• Provide Critical Care …in the Air
Tactical Critical Care Evacuation Teams (TCCET)
• ER/Critical Care Physician
• Certified Nurse Anaesthetists
• ER or Critical Care Nurse
• Journal of trauma published that 51.4% of battle injury deaths being survivable injuries.
• TCCET created to turn statistic around and provide aggressive damage control resuscitation at the point of injury – then transport
Your workshop leaders:
The 86th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron (86 AES) is a unit of the United States Air Force. It is part of the 86th Operations Group, 86th Airlift Wing at Ramstein Air Base, Germany. It is a component of Third Air Force and United States Air Forces Europe of the United States Air Force.
The 86 AES provides operational aeromedical evacuation for U.S. troops in the United States European Command and United States Africa Command theaters using primarily Boeing C-17 Globemaster III, Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker, Gates Learjet C-21A and Lockheed Martin C-130J Super Hercules aircraft. The unit is manned by Flight Nurses, Medical Service Corps officers and Aeromedical Evacuation Technicians; as well as medical administration and logistics technicians.
14:00 REGISTRATION AND COFFEE
14:30 PRESENTATION – THE USAF CRITICAL CARE IN THE AIR MODEL
· 1988 -- Birth of an idea
· High Level Operational Concept
· Delivering the model into practice
· CCAAT training and competency evaluation
· Equipment Composition
15:15 DEMONSTRATIONS FROM THE USAF CRITICAL CARE IN THE AIR TRANSPORT TEAM
16:00 ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSIONS
· The exportability of the model
· Regional challenges and adapting the model
· Lessons identified from recent conflicts
· Aircraft Of Opportunity - Utilisation Multiple Airframes
17:00 WORKSHOP LEADER CLOSING REMARKS AND END OF WORKSHOP