Conference Day Three
8:15 am - 8:45 am REGISTRATION & COFFEE
8:45 am - 9:00 am CHAIRMAN’S OPENING REMARKS
9:00 am - 9:30 am RESERVED FOR HOST NATION OPENING ADDRESS
10:30 am - 11:15 am REALIGNING TRAINING WITH JOINT FIRES DOCTRINE
· What new skills will Soldiers and Leaders require to fight and win in 2050?
· How should we educate and prepare soldiers and leaders for the decision-making complexities of future operations?
· How do we develop an individual and collective training experience that accurately reflects the complex and demanding physical, social and cognitive challenges of warfighting across multiple operational domains?
· How do we build failure into our training design?
9:30 am - 10:00 am PECULIARITIES OF ARTILLERY CONFRONTATION IN THE DONBASS CONFLICT
· Overview of current Ukrainian indirect fire capability and an update into current operations
· Operational feedback of recent reconnaissance, surveillance and fire control activities
· The direction for the development of combat efficiency to increase damage and reconnaissance capability
Major General Andrii KoliennikovArmament and Military Equipment Directorate
Armed Forces of Ukraine
10:45 am - 11:15 am MORNING COFFEE & NETWORKING
11:15 am - 11:45 am COORDINATION & INTEGRATION OF FIRES IN LARGE SCALE COALITION WARFARE
• Strengthening the C2 structure
• Filling the skills gaps in Allied/Coalition training and execution of fires in support of MCO
• Building a common understanding of the battlespace via networked sensors and shooter links
11:45 am - 12:15 pm EXTENDED RANGE & LETHALITY CAPABILITY DEVELOPMENT
• French Army indirect fire capability study
• Core focus for Arty development
• Building on feedback from the field
Lieutenant Colonel DucrotIncoming Director of Studies and Prospective Artillery
12:15 pm - 1:10 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
1:15 pm - 1:45 pm MODERNISATION AND INTEGRATION OF ROMANIAN ARTILLERY - AS AN INDIVIDUAL NATION AND AS PART OF THE NATO COLLECTIVE FORCE
• Saber Guardian 2019 – NATO Force fires support
• Romanian ground combat requirements
• 155, mortars and C4ISR
Colonel Daniel CondruzSection Head of Combat Support
Romanian Land Forces
1:45 pm - 2:15 pm LONG-RANGE ARTILLERY ACQUISITION
• Procurement of 25 Zuzana 2 155mm wheeled self-propelled howitzers 2019-2022
• Interoperability with NATO weapons systems and munitions
• Training and support for Artillery forces
Lieutenant Colonel Pavol BarančíkFire Support Coordinator & Chief of Artillery
Slovak Armed Forces
2:15 pm - 3:00 pm FORMULATING A STRATEGY FOR ENHANCED EASTERN EUROPEAN INDIRECT FIRE CAPABILITY THROUGH REGIONAL COLLABORATION
This panel discussion will bring together Eastern Europe’s senior indirect fire leadership to enable discussion on how the region can collectively ensure effective and rapidly mobile fires capability.
• What collaborative strategies can be employed to increase coordination and joint-capability between Eastern European nations?
• To what level are allied forces currently able to counter the counter the wide variety of Russian EW systems and ensure the effectiveness of allied surveillance, ISR and networking capabilities to support land based operations?
• What CONOPS and investment can be made in EW to enhance allied indirect fires capability?
• What types of ammunition and launch systems should be prioritised?