Conference Day One
7:45 am - 8:40 am REGISTRATION & COFFEE
8:40 am - 8:45 am CHAIRMAN’S OPENING REMARKS
8:45 am - 9:15 am HOST NATION OPENING ADDRESS
9:15 am - 9:45 am INNOVATION, FLEXIBILITY, DRIVE
AM General LLC
AM General LLC
9:45 am - 10:15 am KEYNOTE ADDRESS: U.S. ARMY FIRES MODERNISATION
• The Army’s six core modernization priorities
• Artillery and multi-domain operations
• Long-range precision missile requirement update
10:15 am - 10:45 am MORNING COFFEE & NETWORKING
10:45 am - 11:15 am MISSION BRIEFING: INSIGHTS FROM UKRAINE
• An update on operations in the Donbass: successes, main challenges, priorities for 2019-2020
• The introduction of robotics into the land environment: what can autonomous systems offer the joint fires mission?
• ‘Seeing’ through the noise: coordinated fires in the congested land domain
Lieutenant General GorbylovLand Forces Deputy Commander & Commander of Rocket Troops & Artillery
Armed Forces of Ukraine
11:15 am - 11:45 am PROVIDING COMBATANTS WITH A DECISIVE OPERATIONAL ADVANTAGE
11:45 am - 12:30 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: JOINT FIRES MOVING TOWARDS 2035
• In which areas do our adversaries wield greater capability? Which areas should we as a coalition prioritise our acquisition programmes?
• How can joint, interorganisational, and multinational capabilities be best leveraged to create windows of domain superiority and preserve joint force freedom of maneuver?
• How should our suite of fires capabilities be formulated for the Joint Force to project power across all domains and work as a formidable deterrent?
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm CONSIDERATIONS FOR CZECH ARTILLERY DEVELOPMENT
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm TAILORED COMMAND AND CONTROL SOLUTIONS
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm SENSOR TO SHOOTER: THE HIGH MOBILITY ARTILLERY ROCKET SYSTEM
• Recent tests and successful deployment of the HIMARS
• The utility of high mobility weapons systems for distributed forces in the maritime domain
• Key priorities for the 14th Regiment
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm AFTERNOON COFFEE & NETWORKING
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm ADAPTING THE GERMAN ARMY’S JOINT FIRE CAPABILITY TO THE CHANGING SECURITY CONTEXT
• Characterizing German Army warfighting concepts for today’s multi-domain environment
• Equipping the future force: requirements informed by threat
• Air-land integration challenges for the joint fires force
Lieutenant Colonel Uwe KraftHead of Artillery and Joint Fires Branch, Army Concepts and Capabilities Development Centre
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm SECURING THE FUTURE
4:30 pm - 5:15 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: RECONNAISSANCE, SURVEILLANCE AND TARGET IDENTIFICATION DEVELOPMENT
• What types of targets will most likely need to be engaged moving towards 2030 and what are the requirements for target acquisition technology to meet these mission requirements?
• How can UAVs be best utilised to help build a clear intelligence picture, during target engagement and in post-damage assessment?
• How can joint, interoganisational and multinational capabilities be better integrated to create airpower and ground capability superiority?
5:15 pm - 6:15 pm CHAIRMAN'S CLOSING REMARKS & DRINKS RECEPTION