Lieutenant General (Ret’d) Riho Terras
Former Chief of Defence
Estonian Defence Forces
Agenda Day 1
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
- Overview of the Autonomous Warrior Exercise and lessons learned
- Bringing disruption to the battlefield through Robotic Warfare Systems
- Advancing multi-mission unmanned vehicles for the increasingly complex operating environment in the land domain
- How will unmanned platforms and RAS transform the battlefield?
- What are your current experimentation and prototyping initiatives to advance multi-mission UGVs?
- What are the main challenges associated with fielding UGVs in the near-term?
- How will software support the creation of a common operating environment and the integration of UGVs into force structure?
- What are the challenges of advancing information integration across a GVA? How can militaries advance AI and data analytics to support human-machine teaming?
- How can industry support efforts to accelerate delivery of unmanned and autonomous technologies?
Agenda Day 2
Wednesday, September 25th, 2019
14:30 ROBOTICS & AUTONOMY
Unmanned and autonomous platforms are the future. The question remains how to integrate unmanned assets with legacy platforms, ensure effective information integration, manoeuvre, while adhering to safety regulations and AI certification. This round table aims to explore the future of remotely-piloted and autonomous technologies and the challenges associated with fielding them. It will invite participants to discuss unmanned payloads, autonomous PNT, and the role of the human in the OODA loop.