General Sir Richard Barrons
Former Commander, Joint Forces Command (2013-2016)
Agenda Day 1
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
- Mapping out the morphing nature of global threats, the acceleration of technological development, and preparing the Warfighter for challenges of Tomorrow
- Human Capital: How can we exploit disruptive advances to nurture talents, enhance organisational effectiveness, and facilitate strategic leader development and decision-making?
- How can we incorporate virtual reality and sophisticated decision-making tools to transform strategic leader development?
- Training and Educating People: retaining and developing human capital through experimentation and demonstration of new ideas
Agenda Day 2
Wednesday, September 25th, 2019
- Technology is developing at an increasingly rapid pace. How can defence procurement agencies ensure that commercial technology is leveraged and incorporated for defence applications?
- How can the acquisition of innovation be accelerated to keep pace with technological development? How can procurement agencies improve dialogue with industry to develop capability quicker?
- How can procurement agencies support innovation and delivery of MILTECH through collaborative experimentation with industry?
- How can industry best support concept development and evolving end-user requirements?
Agenda Day 3
Thursday, September 26th, 2019