Brigadier Ian Langford
Director General Future Land Warfare
Agenda Day 1
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
- How will unmanned platforms and RAS transform the battlefield?
- What are your current experimentation and prototyping initiatives to advance multi-mission UGVs?
- What are the main challenges associated with fielding UGVs in the near-term?
- How will software support the creation of a common operating environment and the integration of UGVs into force structure?
- What are the challenges of advancing information integration across a GVA? How can militaries advance AI and data analytics to support human-machine teaming?
- How can industry support efforts to accelerate delivery of unmanned and autonomous technologies?
Agenda Day 2
Wednesday, September 25th, 2019
Agenda Day 3
Thursday, September 26th, 2019
- Analysing hostile disinformation activities, information warfare strategies, and their countermeasures
- Building soft power to adapt capability for hybrid confrontation
- Assessing the role of technology in enabling influence and disruption in the cognitive domain
- Exploiting the potential of data, connectivity, and AI in offensive cyber and skilled social media activity
- Turning fused and synthesised information into intelligence
- Translating modernisation ambitions into outcomes: addressing the near, midterm, and long-term horizons
- Near-term: articulating the known capability gaps in the current ISR inventory and remediating them through current funding loans and projects
- Midterm: designing future concepts and building capability development roadmaps for their attainment
- Long-term: reshaping the entire enterprise to be ready for AI, machine learning, quantum computing, and the internet of things