Agenda Day 2
Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019
· Directed energy technology for law enforcement is reaching a decisive point for future applications
· How developments in microwave/sonic technology mean that directed energy weapons usage for law enforcement is feasible and achievable
· How the widespread introduction of non-lethal DES will transform policing and crowd control in general
Thursday, October 24th, 2019
Non-Lethal Directed Energy Systems (NLDES) have long been subject of research and testing. A limited range of systems have been deployed in real world operations, both in a military-civilian and in a law enforcement context. Whilst their value has been demonstrated in numerous operational settings, NLDES are a topic of much debate, given their wide-ranging applicability on the one hand and legal, moral and safety concerns on the other.
Led by an expert from the European Non-Lethal Weapon community, this workshop will explore the outlook of NLDES, including new concepts that potentially will be fielded in the near future.
By attending this workshop, you will:
· Understand the current and emerging capabilities and requirements of Non-Lethal Weapons, with a focus on NLDES
· Gain insight into DEW that are being used on the field, the lessons learned, and how current and future projects and programmes may exploit operational experiences
· Gain an insight into the future development of NLW’s, and the issues to be overcome in promoting their acceptance, technically, operationally as well as morally
Gain an insight into scenario’s both from the military-civilian and homeland security domain that call for the application of NLDES