Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Parrott
GBAD Plans & Transformation, Capability Ground Manoeuvre
British Army Headquarters
Conference Day One
Wednesday, April 29th, 2020
· Preparing troops for the future threat environment: Outlining emerging requirements and capability gaps
· Assessing current capabilities and ways to enhance short-range air defence
· Identifying procurement priorities and development plans
Conference Day Two
Thursday, April 30th, 2020
The development of UAS capabilities and the growth of its potential in terms of size, utility and ability to be dealt with poses a plethora of challenges and demands an approach which can be comprehensive and able to adapt to the threats it faces. It demands an approach which is flexible to the changing nature of UAS but structured enough for long term goals to be realised and effective Counter UAS to be nurtured.
· What exactly should we be preparing for?
· What is our concept of the future threat and how will it challenge us?
· Up to what level should this be a priority and how will it change the way our forces operate as a whole?