Air Marshal (retd.) Sir Christopher Harper
Former Director General
NATO International Military Staff
HA/DR Focus Day - 26 March
Tuesday, March 26th, 2019
5:15 PM THEMATIC PANEL DISCUSSION NATIONAL PLANNING AND CROSS SECTOR RESPONSE TO DISASTER RELIEF A discussion on the respective roles of government, militaries, the NGO community, the private sector, and academia in disaster risk reduction and response, and how cross sector collaboration can be more effective.
Main Conference Day 1 - 27 March
Wednesday, March 27th, 2019
Format: The conference Chairman will invite the Heads of Delegation seated around the conference boardroom / horseshoe top table to share with the audience their top concerns, priorities and scenarios being planned for.
To help identify and define the key challenges experiences by nations and organisations operating in the Americas this session will see heads of delegations succinctly state the key threats on the horizon as they perceive it and how they will affect their national interest.
This session will be valuable to:
• Identify common and shared challenges to help steer future collaborative conversations throughout the conference
• Provide strategic notice to other nations on which threats are concerning their colleagues in the hemisphere
• Help to identify nations that have previously dealt with these challenges and how they overcame them
• Raise awareness to industry of how the military perceive the threats in the region to allow them to suggest technical solutions
• Allow delegations to state how the conference can help them achieve deliverables and identify meaningful outcomes for CABSEC/ SAMSEC 2019 as well as areas for deeper consideration in 2020